Nag Tibba: A winter snow adventure in Uttarakhand Himalayas!!
Nag Tibba range is one of the three principles of lesser Himalayas along with Dhauladhar, and the Pir Panjal. Nag Tibba (Serpent’s peak) is the most elevated crest in Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand. It is perched at an elevation of 9,915 ft from sea level. It can be considered as an extraordinary adventure compared to other weekend treks. At the summit of the trek, you will be stunned by the marvelous views of the Great Indian Himalayas, and the magnificent views of various peaks like Bandar Poonch, Kedar Kantha, Chanabang, black peak, and Srikanth.
A righteous trek over just a weekend offers you familiarity to most of the aspects that a much extended Himalayan trek has to offer, rhododendron forest, ankle-deep Snow and a lot more! At the top of Nag Tibba, the views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks standing tall almost 6000m is what makes you fall in love with nature all over again.
Nag Tibba is specially defined to someone who has quite recently begun trekking, with a gradual climb, stretched over 10 km, the trail is secured with stones making and it is a comfortable trekking experience for your tenderfoot. If you are a snow lover then Nag Tibba is truly a snowy paradise for you. The pristine white deep snow makes this trek an astounding one. It is one of the easiest adventures in Uttarakhand and a perfect trek to do on a weekend.
Nag Tibba can be done all year round, perfect for summer and during winter it is one of the best short winter treks in the Himalayas. Mid-November – March is the best season for Nag Tibba trek.
Experience the best of nature and make your weekend a memorable one!
Here are some travel tips for beginners:
- Exercise daily prior 2 weeks to the trek and make your body muscles strong & flexible.
- Acute Mountain Sickness is a common issue at higher altitudes. Do not get panic and carry important medicines with you prescribed by the doctor.
- Always carry a water bottle and snacks with you in your backpack.
- Take adequate breaks and keep yourself hydrated during the trek.
- Do not skip meals on the trek
- Do not wander alone.
- Always trek with a certified & experienced trek leader.
- Respect the culture and norms of the place you are traveling to.
- Carry minimum weight and travel light.
- Always check the weather conditions before leaving for the trek.
- Always carry an ID proof with you.
- Carry good quality of trekking gear.
Nag Tibba adventure is a peaceful and amazing adventure that will amaze you by its beauty. This snow winter adventure will take you the well-defined trails, and scenic surroundings. The majestic views from the top will leave you awestruck. Camping at the top is another great experience you can have on this short weekend trip. As it said, nights in the mountains are beautiful than the days. Experience the sparkling starry night and feel the vibes of tranquility all around.
How to reach?
Nag Tibba starts either from Dehradun or Mussorie. Dehradun is well-connected to all the major cities like Delhi. Mussorie is at a distance of 33km and can be covered by a bus or taxi. A local bus or taxi will take you Nag Tibba starting point- Pantwari village.
The trek starts from Pantwari, located at a distance of 60 km from Mussoorie.
By Bus: There are a lot of buses available from Delhi to Dehradun. You can also take a bus from the local cities & towns of Uttarakhand to reach Mussorie & Dehradun.
By Train: Take a direct train from Delhi and reach Dehradun. The nearest railhead to Nag Tibba is the Dehradun railway station.
By Airport: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest one to Nag Tibba. Take a direct flight from Delhi and reach Dehradun. Then take a bus or taxi to reach Pantwari village.
Nag Tibba Trek Route:
- Starts From Pantwari (7kms towards) – Nag Tibba Base Camp (3kms for) – Nag Tibba Summit and back to Pantwari village.
- Delhi to Nag Tibba Journey Map: Delhi – Mussoorie – Pantwari – Nag Tibba Base Camp – Nag Tibba Summit – Pantwari – Delhi.
Things to carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking poles
- Water bottle
- Swiss knife
- First aid kit
- Water purifying tablets
- Track pants or trousers
- Woolen gloves
- Woolen cap
- Lip balm
- Extra pair of socks
- Minimum cash
- ID proof
Get ready to explore the trails of Uttarakhand and experience the mighty nature with great vistas. In the remaining time, you can also explore the Queen of Hills, Mussorie. Visit the old markets, shopping streets, lip-smacking food, and a lot more exciting places. Take a break and plan the winter weekend with this amazing adventure trek.
Live. Travel. Explore!!